Information for DofE Group Leaders
- The maximum number the site can accommodate for camping is 50 people, including leaders
- You will have sole use of the campsite, allowing your group to enjoy the outdoors together.
Faurefold can be found at Grid Ref 148 288 on OS Explorer map 146 1:25,000 ‘Dorking, Box Hill and Reigate’
There is an extensive network of well-maintained footpaths and bridleways. On leaving the site follow Lince Lane northwards past Faurefold, cross the small footbridge and footpaths lead you directly up to Ranmore Common. If approaching from Dorking via the Nower please take extra care crossing the road to Lince Lane.
- Toilets: There are two toilet blocks at the rear of the building, which will be made available to campsite users.
- Water: a cold water tap is situated adjacent to the campground, please run it through before use.
- A washing-up sink, with hot & cold running water, is located behind the building
- A concrete “altar-fire” base, crates, bricks and metal sheets are available for use on the top level of the campsite.
- It is likely that the House will be in use. Please be respectful – the paving and benches at the front of the house are for house users only.
- Two green picnic tables for campsite users are situated on the upper level
- We politely request that toilets are accessed by the steps and not by using the paths alongside the house.
- There is a small car park but no access for coaches
Unfortunately we are not able to book the house out to DofE groups
Take a virtual tour of the Campsite by visiting the Gallery ⇒
Arrival and Departure Times
Arrivals from 16:00, Departures by 15:00 (for back-back bookings)
We are generally able to be very flexible regarding arrival and departure times for the campsite (please discuss your requirements with the bookings secretary).
|Camping:||£5.00 per person per night|
|Day Use:||£25.00 per session|
Make a Campsite Booking
Unfortunately, DofE users are not able to book the house
Review availability and select your dates here by clicking on your arrival date, then your departure date.
Our booking system is not able to handle changeover days. If you are looking for a single ovenight stay and the departure day is already booked please book using arrival day only and request a manual check on the incoming groups arrival time, as we are usually able to accommodate back to back DofE groups.
DofE users -please enter the following information in the affiliation fields as shown:
- Unit: DofE
- District / Division: School or Organisation Name
- Section: DofE
Info for Bookings
The Do’s and Don’ts
Have a great visit!
Useful Contacts for your stay
All you need to know?