Friends & Fundraising
CAN YOU HELP?
Faurefold is run by Girlguiding volunteers and we always need extra pairs of hands to help. You don’t have to be in Girlguiding – just have a few spare hours and some enthusiasm!
Faurefold is a special site just for the use of young people. At a time when getting back to nature is more important than ever for mental health, what better way to give back to your community than help in some way at Faurefold. We are always looking for support with maintenance, fundraising or promoting the site. You can volunteer for a one-off activity or regularly depending on your time.
2020 has been the most challenging year for us financially, and as a charity we rely on volunteers and revenue from bookings for the upkeep of our site. Please help us keep Faurefold in great shape.
Many hands make light work, we even make new friends and have fun along the way!
Here are some ways you can help:
Could you, your family or unit do some fundraising for us? Did you know that the original Girlguiding Musigals event in 2013 was a fundraiser for Faurefold?
From a cake sale to the three peaks challenge – we don’t mind what you do! You could earn your unit the Faurefold Badge for raising money. Use the contact us at the bottom of the page to let us know what you are planning. You can get started via our Just Giving page.
Remember to send us in photos of you guiding – we’d love to share them.
SHOP & SUPPORT US:
This has got to be one of the easiest ways to help us! Shop instore at your local Co-op or online with Easyfundraising.
- We are delighted that Faurefold has been chosen to benefit from the Co-op Local Community Fund. Between now and 23 October 2021 every time members that have selected us as their good cause buy selected Co-op branded products and services, 1p for every pound spent goes to Faurefold.
- Co-op members can select us as their local cause by visiting https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/55196 If you are a member please choose us as your selected charity and if not, please sign up using the following link coop.co.uk/membership. We really hope that you will visit the Co-op website or download the Co-op app and select us as your local cause.
- When you buy items or services online (from a range of around 2000 merchants) by going through a portal site like easyfundraising, a percentage of your spend is donated to Faurefold. The percentage varies by merchant, but Amazon for example gives 2%. To make this even easier use the Find and Remind application if you use a PC or Mac. Easyfundraising is also a good price comparison site, and has many voucher codes to offer too.
The Faurefold team and supporters fundraised intensively over 5 years (2012-2017) to construct the new building.
Erected in 2017 by ADV(UK) of Dorking, the fundraising effort benefited from the the generosity of many grant making bodies, that are recognised and thanked on our fundraising tree. These include:
- London Marathon Charitable Trust
- 2nd Dorking Guide Trust
- Surrey County Council
- Mole Valley District Council
- Reigate and Banstead Borough Council
- Peter Harrison Foundation
- Weston Foundation
- John Cowan Foundation
- Surrey Mirror – Heart of the Community
- Gatwick Community Trust
- Henry Smith Charity
- Horley Lions
Business Contributions were gratefully received from:
- Wickes of Dorking
- Foresters Friendly Society
In order that the building could be completed a loan was required so fundraising is still underway. Contact us if you would like to know more or have an idea for a fundraising event.