The Faurefold Challenge is full of ideas to get you exploring the wild outdoors. It is designed to be completed at Faurefold, but you could do it anywhere.
Why not hold a Faurefold Challenge Pack holiday or book some outdoor evening sessions and fill your unit meetings with outdoor fun and adventure?
- Roll down the grassy bank and feel the grass
- Build a den
- Run around in the rain
- Make mud pies, mud sculptures or mud faces
- Create some wild Art
- Make and follow a trail
- Pick blackberries
- Create and enjoy a barefoot trail
- Do some star gazing
- Hunt for bugs and mini beasts
- Catch a falling leaf. Try a leaf rubbing
- Look for animal burrows and tracks
- Make a bug castle
- Go for a walk in the dark
- Use the Faurefold map to find our special places
- Cook on an open fire
- Find mushrooms or toadstools
- Make something useful from the things you find in the woods
- Collect and name 6 different leaves
- Make a rainbow from natural materials
- Make bark rubbings
- Play hide and seek
- Collect charcoal and make a drawing
- Play Poohsticks
- Play Noughts and Crosses
Faurefold Challenge RA
Risk Assessment to be posted. Please contact us if you need it asap
Woodland Environment RA
View or download the Risk Assessment
Earn Snail Points for a Badge and Certificate.
Each activity in the booklet is worth Snail points. There is space to record your points and a certificate at the end
Collect as many snail points as you can to earn our lovely snail badge.
The Challenge badge comes in two colours. Will you choose green or blue?
Badges cost £1 each and can be ordered from our online shop or are available in the leaders lounge.
Book a Session
Get your unit outdoors
Book a session and start earning snail points now!
Looking for more ideas
The Activity Finder has oodles of ideas and resources.
Take your unit offsite
Find out about the special places you can walk to from our doorstep.